When you’re a recruiter, your job is to find the best candidates. However, this becomes a challenge when unconscious biases come into play. Fortunately, there are a number of strategies that you can employ in order to shut down bias before they creep in.
We held a webinar on recognizing and addressing hiring bias in recruitment with Kehsi Iman Wilson, a DE&I and social justice trainer and educator, and CEO of High Quality Talent.
Key takeaways from the webinar:
- Actionable steps that employers can take to providing recruiters with education and training on the topic of biases and hiring.
- Examined strategies to identify and manage the unconscious biases we all hold.
- How to make job descriptions and the hiring process more inclusive.
- The effectiveness of blind recruitment, and whether it should be implemented.
- How to come up with an impersonal resume review system.
- Diversity and inclusion job boards that recruiters should be looking at.
List of resources mentioned in the webinar:
- Implicit bias test with Harvard university:
- Diversity toolkit: