I sat down with Sacha Martina, the founder of the international recruitment agency, Bureau Zwart Wit, to discuss how to take the challenges out of hiring abroad.
Martina discusses overcoming hiring manager bias, common mistakes that companies make when hiring internationally, and how to get past the red tape with compliance and visa issues.
- Start with one difficult vacancy and work your way up from there.
- Make sure there is a budget for relocation support.
- Collaborate with a relocation agency if you don’t have the time or resources to do it yourself.
- Make sure you know the timeline and processes around EU/non-EU passport holders.
- Manage expectations upfront for all parties involved.
Check out our blog on how to build a successful global team.